Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Phashion Phorward Phoebe

I've realized that there is nothing like a newborn when it comes to challenging your fashion sense. Those of you who know me and my own personal style (or lack thereof) can attest to the fact that I'm pretty low-key: earth tones, comfortable fabrics, Birkenstocks or Crocs, that kind of fare. My favorite t-shirt is 9 years old, heather grey and falling apart at the seams. Well, as the picture below shows, I think it's safe to say that my daughter will have decidedly different tastes...
Yes, folks, it's a bright orange onesie tank-top with a bright pink skirt (attached only to the front, mind you) with bright little flowers all over it. I know it sounds awful, and it looked a little awful when we opened it (it was a present from my mother-in-law), but I have to admit, once Phoebe was wearing it, it was much cuter than I thought. Look out: I'll never be able to judge an outfit on the rack again. If something looks remotely cute, Phoebe will have to try it on!

The good news is that I can now have the best of both worlds: comfort for myself, and cute outfits for Phoebe. I'm convinced that my fashion sense is beyond help, but now, through the magic of reproduction, I can live through my daughter! Don't worry, friends, as soon as she's verbal, she'll have a Mom that will listen to her fashion requests (within reason - no visible thongs until you're paying your own rent somewhere else!)










3 comments:

Gramma Berger said...

Of course Phoebe looks phabuous!
I'd just like to inform ya'll that her mother wore skirts or dresses just about every day of kindergarten by her own choice so things can change at any time...

SuperMom said...

Hi There! Kate just shared your blog with me and I'm having a blast reading it. Phoebe is beautiful! Can't wait to read more about how life is going and see updated pictures of your beautiful baby. I hope the 3 of you are doing well. w/Love, Amy K

Anonymous said...

Greetings I am so delighted I found your weblog, I really found
you by mistake, while I was browsing on Yahoo for something else,
Regardless I am here now and would just like to say thanks a lot
for a remarkable post and a all round exciting blog (I also love the theme/design), I
don’t have time to read it all at the moment but I have book-marked it and also included your RSS feeds,
so when I have time I will be back to read a great deal
more, Please do keep up the superb jo.

Take a look at my web site :: sky tv deals for returning customers