Saturday, June 28, 2008

Shame on you, McDonald's!

Okay, maybe I'm being a little harsh on McDonald's itself. My real problem is that I just saw a Big Mac commercial (it's about 1 a.m.) and now I SO want a Big Mac. That has been the form that my pregnancy craving has taken: I don't necessarily want weird things like strawberries and garlic, or pickles and ice cream. I'm just very easily influenced. If I see a Tollhouse commercial, I want chocolate chip cookies. If I see a Sonic commercial, I want a limeade. And, of course, if I see a McDonald's commercial, I want a Big Mac.

The problem is mostly that it's 1 a.m., and if I were to follow through on said craving now, that would mean getting out of my pajamas and into real clothes, driving to Monteagle, and purchasing a Big Mac, which would most likely be cold by the time I get home. I feel just a little bit weird about that. The good news is that it's Saturday night/Sunday morning, and I'm pretty sure the Monteagle Micky D's is open - they close at midnight during the week. So I guess I can at least be glad that I didn't see the commercial during a time that the restaurant is closed. At least I have only myself to blame for my lack of Big Mac. That's very lucky for them- who knows the depth of my pregnant rage if McDonald's coerced me into craving a burger from them when it was impossible for me to get one? Let's hope that day never comes....

No comments: